Welcome to the 390th version of Android Apps Weekly. Listed below are the massive headlines from the final week.
- Google introduced App Bundles a number of years in the past with the intention of transferring the Play Retailer to them quickly. Amazon introduced in a weblog publish this week that they’re doing the identical factor. This isn’t usually a giant deal. Nonetheless, with Amazon being the app retailer of alternative for Home windows 11, it’s good to see Amazon maintaining so builders don’t must strive so laborious to take action.
- Google revamped the Play Retailer to offer some much-needed assist to Put on OS customers. On telephones, it’s simpler to seek out apps with Put on OS help. As well as, the Put on OS model of the Play Retailer received a visible revamp to fall extra consistent with Android 12’s design. Each enhancements assist folks discover extra Put on OS apps simpler than they might earlier than. Hit the hyperlink for extra particulars.
- A bunch of internet sites went down this final week, together with LastPass, Steam, Amazon, and dozens of different web sites. This clearly affected the apps for these web sites as nicely. The difficulty is mounted now. It apparently got here from Akamai, a content material distribution community. Hit the hyperlink for extra particulars.
- Some former WhatsApp staff are engaged on a brand new social community. The community, HalloApp, is a reasonably bold undertaking. The folks behind it need to tear away the algorithm stuff and all of that. Mainly, the aim is to place the social again into social media. There isn’t loads to find out about it but, however we’ll keep watch over it.
- Netflix is making an attempt to get into gaming. Some knowledge mining discovered a doable tie-in with Sony. These two firms working collectively might be actually cool to see. One other report says Netflix is doing cellular gaming as a part of its subscription in addition to video streaming content material. That is nonetheless very early days, so I’m positive we’ll hear extra over the approaching weeks and months.
Alchemy Stars: Aurora Blast
Worth: Free to play
Alchemy Stars: Aurora Blast is a brand new gacha RPG. It makes use of technique RPG-style line fight. Gamers accumulate characters, degree them up, and use them to finish the sport’s story mode and numerous limited-time occasions. The sport boasts glorious execution with easy sport play and good graphics for its style. The content material is fairly good and there may be sufficient right here to maintain you busy for some time. The summoning mechanic is a bit restrictive in comparison with many, however in any other case it’s a competently executed gacha RPG.
Worth: Free / Varies
YourMechanic is a service that will help you discover a mechanic when your automobile wants fixing. You merely put your automobile woes into the app and also you get immediate quotes and the power to schedule service at a close-by mechanic. There are quotes from a number of mechanics so you’ll be able to worth store, which is loads simpler than going to or calling mechanics to get costs. There’s additionally a chat operate when you have different questions. This app is model new and there are most likely some bugs to work out. It covers 300 US cities so it’s possible you’ll not be capable to discover something when you don’t reside in any of them.
Worth: Free / $0.99
Escape Lab is a neighborhood multiplayer puzzle sport. You and a buddy can play collectively individually or in the identical room, however you at all times want two totally different gadgets. The 2 of you’re employed collectively to finish the puzzles and escape the lab. Gamers have to flee earlier than they’re captured. The sport has a horror ingredient with some creepy eventualities and graphics. General, the sport takes about 60-90 minutes to finish. This isn’t a sport you’ll spend months enjoying, however for a buck, it’s positively not unhealthy.
Worth: Free / As much as $74.99 per 12 monthsJoe Hindy / Android Authority
TimeoutIQ is an app for folks. It allows you to monitor your children’ display screen time as they use their telephones. It’s aimed toward children from the ages of three to 11. The app allows you to set display screen closing dates, monitor your baby’s location and monitor which apps your children use. The app is free to be used on a single display screen with tiered subscriptions primarily based on what number of screens you want. It may possibly get a bit pricy, so try the subscription tiers earlier than you decide to something.
The Witcher: Monster Slayer
Worth: Free to play
The Witcher: Monster Slayer is an augmented actuality sport. Gamers transfer round and slay monsters. The app takes into consideration issues like time of day and climate situations to help you in your hunt. Gamers additionally unlock and accumulate numerous issues of their travels. It’s a bit like Pokemon Go, however with wildly totally different mechanics. The mechanics isn’t troublesome, so it received’t take lengthy to study. It’s positively one thing totally different within the AR house.
Get it on Google Play
If we missed any huge Android apps and video games information or releases, inform us about them within the feedback under or e mail us at email@example.com
Thanks for studying! Attempt these out too: