This is the 394th issue of Android Apps Weekly. These are the top headlines of the week.
- This week, three websites were affected. Reddit, Square and Square went down around the same moment with resolutions that were made around the same period. Click each link to find out more. Spotify was unavailable for some users a few days before. The website and desktop apps were most affected, but mobile app users were also affected. It’s not common for three large services such a downtime.
- Samsung has some good news this week. Samsung has removed ads from its Android native apps. This is great news as it means that you won’t have to spend over $1,000 on a smartphone while still seeing ads. In 2021, updates will be made to various apps that have advertising. Samsung Pay allows you to download a digital copy your vaccination records. This feature is now available.
- Pokemon Unite is now available for Android. It was launched on Switch in July, and should be available on September 22nd 2021. This could be a great time for mobile gamers. Pokemon Unite is a Pokemon-themed MOBA, and is not part of the main series. In any case, you can pre-register for the game on Google Play here if you’re interested.
- Official launch date for PUBG: New State could be announced. According to the game’s app listing, it is expected that the game will be released on October 8, 2021. PUBG: New State is in beta for several months, so we expect the release date to arrive sooner than expected. This news is all there is to it, so click the link to find out more.
- Epic Games has recently released a new Fortnite Imposter mode. Innersloth’s social media and development team accused Fortnite of copying many of its elements, including game terminology and map elements. Although developers are aware that game mechanics cannot be copied, they agree that Epic Games could have put more effort into the clone mode. For more information, click the link.
DC: Batman Bat-Tech Edition
DC: Batman Bat-Tech Edition, an augmented reality adventure video game that features Batman. By pointing their phones at an object, players can play in augmented reality. There are endless runner mechanics in the game where you must drive the Batmobile for as many minutes as possible before you lose. You can also challenge the Batarang and use Grapnel Launcher to win. Other features include face filters to take selfies, stickers packs for photos and digital comics. Even though the game isn’t very long, it’s still a great overall experience.
Moonbeam Podcast Discovery
Price:All in-app purchases are free
Moonbeam is a podcast discovery site. Moonbeam plays snippets of podcasts that you like. The snippets can be listened to and, if you find the episode interesting enough, you can go on to listen to the entire episode. You can also find new podcasts and save them to your favorites so you can remember their names. The app even lets you tip the creators. You can also view snippets history to ensure you don’t forget any podcasts you missed. This is a great idea, especially for those who are bored of their current podcast playlist.
Price:Play for free
Mystic Gunner, the latest game by Buff Studios, creator of 7Days, Buff Knight and Underworld Office, is now available. This is a top-down shooter, similar to the old Contra games. You can also find randomly generated maps and elements of roguelike in this game. To get past any level, players can jump in and use their special abilities to kill bad guys. This is a great idea with many interesting ideas. The slow movements and sometimes sticky controls can cause frustration. We believe that the developer is skilled and this will improve in time.
Price:Free / Variable
OFTV is the official mobile application of Onlyfans. This is a reduced version of OFTV that does not contain any NSFW content. Google would ban NSFW content, so they did the best they could. It does everything you’d expect. The app allows you to follow creators, view content, and even find new ones. We all know that Onlyfans is popular because it doesn’t contain NSFW material.
KonoSuba: Fantastic Days
Price:Play for free
KonoSuba’s Fantastic Days gacha is a comedy-adventure-oriented anime. It aims to please fans of the series, as well as occasional gacha fans. The game features cast members from the show in new stories. The characters seem to be accurate from what I can recall, with many Easter eggs for fans. The combat is exactly as you would expect from an anime gacha. Instead of being strictly turn-based, it’s real-time and has cooldowns. There are some issues with the game, such as crashes right away after it was released. It should be fixed by the developers as soon as possible.